- Extension: 0.6 hectares
- Altitude: 290 m a.s.l.
- Exposure: South
- Soil: Sandy-calcareous
- Grapes: 50% Croatina, 40% Barbera, 10% Uva Rara
- Planting year: 2010
- Training system: Espalier – Guyot
- Plant density: 4500 plants per hectare
- Yield: 65-70 quintals / hectare
- Harvest: Manual, selection of the grapes at harvest.
- Vinification: Destemming, delicate pressing, maceration with the skins in concrete tanks at a controlled temperature for 10-12 days, with daily pumping over, then it is drawn off and the alcoholic fermentation ends, generally in this phase also the malolactic fermentation takes place. Subsequently, two decantings are carried out and the wine is placed in concrete barrels where it remains to refine for 9 months. After being decanted, the wine is bottled without filtration.
- Color: Intense ruby red with soft purple notes.
- Aroma: Full and intriguing, wild berries, cherries and wild strawberries prevail.
- Taste: Fruity and juicy, balanced and harmonious with a good tannic texture. Persistent and with a pleasant aftertaste. The exposure of the vine allows the ideal ripening of the tannins.
- Serving temperature: 16 ° -18 ° C. It is pleasant to appreciate its initial freshness and experience the evolution of aromas as the wine heats up in the glass.
- Pairings: To be matched strictly with vegetables.
The vineyard from which this wine is born is located in a sunny position and we find the classic Oltrepadano blend: Croatina, Barbera and Uva Rara. Croatina, an ancient native vine of northern Italy, very widespread in Oltrepò Pavese, particularly rustic and resistant, planted on steep hills facing south, characterizes wines with a marked structure and intense color.
A variety that requires long pruning and a high number of buds to maintain a good ratio between leaf surface and number of bunches. It is among the varieties with the highest content of polyphenols in the skin, which determine its intense red color. Hints of red fruit, cherry and morello cherry characterize the aromas of the wine. Barbera brings acidity and a finer tannin guaranteeing balance and longevity to this wine. Uva Rara so called for its loose cluster gives harmony to this typical blend. L’Arca has obtained the VEGANOK certification, the most widespread ethical standard