- Extension: 0.7 hectares
- Altitude: 280 m a.s.l.
- Exposure: North-West
- Soil: Clayey-calcareous
- Grapes: 80% Malvasia, 20% Riesling from the Rhine
- Planting year: 2005
- Training system: Guyot-espalier
- Plant density: 4500 plants / hectare
- Yield: 70-75 quintals / hectare
- Harvest: Manual, selection of the bunches at harvest
- Vinification: Pressing of whole bunches with stalk, fermentation in cement tanks at a controlled temperature. At the end of fermentation the wine is decanted and refines for 6 months on its fine lees in concrete tanks. After being clarified, the wine is bottled.
- Color: Brilliant straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Bouquet: Intense and persistent, with aromatic notes reminiscent of sage, mint and fruity hints of apricot and pear.
- Taste: Dry, fresh, full and elegant taste. Freshness, minerality and a persistent body, perfectly recognizable for the particular personality acquired thanks to the characteristics of the soil and the microclimate with which the grapes ripen.
- Serving temperature: 10 ° -12 ° C. It is pleasant to appreciate its initial freshness and experience the evolution of aromas as the wine heats up in the glass.
- Pairings: Fish, focaccia, risotto, white meats
The aromatic Malvasia di Candia originating from the Mediterranean prefers warm climates and sun exposure. In this vineyard, which is located not far from an ancient ice house (in the past they kept the ice for a good part of the year) we planted it in the upper part which is the most exposed to the sun, where the soil is warmer and drier. , ideal situation to reach the full ripeness of the skin of this variety. In the lower part of the vineyard is the Rhine Riesling, a variety of continental origin which is best expressed in cool areas. The ripening of the grapes does not take place in the same period, consequently the Riesling is first harvested and then the Malvasia. In vinification we recompose the blend as it was in the vineyard from the first fermentation.
With this “in the vineyard” assembly we want to enhance the warm flavors, the full and aromatic taste typical of Malvasia and the freshness and minerality of Riesling. The gustatory balance of this wine makes it versatile both for various combinations and for different occasions.